Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2013
COURSE FEE: R 3990 includes exam voucher
DURATION: 8 Weeks
CATEGORY: Microsoft Courses | Office Specialist
WHO SHOULD ENROL: Those that want to become certified, productive, proficient and skilled in Word 2013.
The Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist in Word 2013: Core course gives you a good understanding of the primary functions of MS Word. In this course, you will learn how to create a Word document, format text and paragraphs, insert tables and images, format images, and create lists. Take control of your future by becoming a Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist! Impress your clients, boss and colleagues with your Word processing skills. What’s more, you can upgrade your qualification by enrolling for the Microsoft Oﬃce Word 2013 Expert course once you have completed the Core course.
What will you learn in this Microsoft Office Specialist in Word 2013: Core course?
This course is suitable for anyone new to Microsoft Word, or anyone already using Word for oﬃce or home use. You will learn how to:
- Create business documents,
- Create and manage Word documents;
- Format Text, Paragraphs and Sections;
- Create tables and lists;
- Apply references;
- Insert and format images and objects
By doing this course, you will be able to understand the programme well enough to complete tasks without assistance. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Word 2013 by creating and editing two- to three-page documents for a variety of purposes and situations.
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee includes your Certiport exam voucher. You can locate your closest Certiport here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you'll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you'll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you've covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
- Grade 10
- Learners must be 16 years or older
- The ability to read and write in English
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Access to the internet
- Computer literate (familiar with operating a computer)
To pass this course, you must write and pass Exam 77-725: Word 2013 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-77-725.aspx
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64 -bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
You will need to have access to the following pieces of software depending on the pathway you're following:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- The current or second most recent version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
- A PDF reader:
- PC/Mac - Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader are good examples
- iPhone - Reader or Adobe Reader
- Android - Xodo, Moon+ Reader, Adobe Reader, or Foxit
- An image viewer - most devices will come with a built-in image viewer
- Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft Office 365
The programmes in this Suite are the same as Microsoft Oﬃce 2013, but they may be updated more regularly and, therefore, have some diﬀerences.
You can start studying whenever you want - there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessment. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist - Microsoft Certificate
Provided by: Microsoft
Minimum credits: N/A
Edu City Campus is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft Oﬃce certifications are sought after, trusted by employers, and validate your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are Computer-Based Assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centres. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher.
You can locate one closest to you here: http:// www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam.
Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam. Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an exam score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your Microsoft Certification.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Subjects are the particular fields of study that are covered in a course. The subjects below make up this course and will need to be completed in order for you to complete this course.
- Create and manage Word documents;
- Format text, Paragraphs and Sections;
- Create tables and lists;
- Apply references; and
- Insert and format images and objects..
Collaborations and Partnerships
Our global online learning platform, eCube Online, has taken our education off-site to the world. We secured global partnerships with Durham University, the Entrepreneurship Institute, Genius U, as well as being a registered Microsoft Showcase School and host of the only registered annual Microsoft Marathon in the Eastern Cape. These collaborations together with cutting edge technology facilities available at the campus, and a value system aligned with the UN’s 17 self sustainable goals, are the core strength and focus which grounds our private education institution, E-Square Education.