Opening Excel for the first time and seeing those little blocks that seem to carry on indefinitely may leave you wondering where to start. These days, more and more people are using this programme to do basic accounting, create reports, and keep stock of a variety of things. It also allows you to share files, which makes it easier for a whole department to refer to the same document. Our Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist in Excel 2016: Core course not only prepares you to use this Microsoft programme with confidence, it also allows you to take a Microsoft Exam which certifies your newly acquired skills!
What will you learn in this Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel 2016: Core course?
This course is suitable for anyone new to Excel, or those with little experience with the programme. Microsoft Excel is great for formulating and analysing data. This course will give you the ability to:
- Import and export information,
- Create and edit professional-looking spreadsheets,
- Create outlines,
- Insert functions and formulas to analyse data,
- Create macros,
- Automate tasks, and
- Create and format charts to represent statistics visually.
Both beginners and people already working on Excel will benefit from this course.
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee includes your Certiport exam voucher. You can locate your closest Certiport here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you'll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you'll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you've covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
- Grade 10
- Learners must be 16 years or older
- The ability to read and write in English
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Access to the internet
- Computer literate (familiar with operating a computer)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64 -bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
You will need to have access to the following pieces of software depending on the pathway you're following:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- The current or second most recent version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
- A PDF reader:
- PC/Mac - Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader are good examples
- iPhone - Reader or Adobe Reader
- Android - Xodo, Moon+ Reader, Adobe Reader, or Foxit
- An image viewer - most devices will come with a built-in image viewer
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft Office 365
(The programmes in this Suite are the same as Microsoft Oﬃce 2016, but they may be updated more regularly and, therefore, have some diﬀerences).
You can start studying whenever you want - there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessment. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist - Microsoft Certificate
Provided by: Microsoft Minimum credits: N/A
Edu City Campus is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft Oﬃce certifications are sought after, trusted by employers, and validate your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are Computer-Based Assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centres. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher.
You can locate one closest to you here: http:// www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam.
Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam. Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an exam score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your Microsoft Certification.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Subjects are the particular fields of study that are covered in a course. The subjects below make up this course and will need to be completed in order for you to complete this course.
- Import and export information,
- Set up professional looking spreadsheets,
- Create custom functions and formulas to analyse data,
- Create custom instructions with macros,
- Automate tasks and
- Set-up charts to visually present statistics and data..
Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2016 Proficient
This module covers the basics of Microsoft Excel, including how to import and export information, set up professional looking spreadsheets, create custom functions and formulas to analyse data, create custom instructions with macros, automate tasks and set-up charts to visually present statistics and data.
Collaborations and Partnerships
Our global online learning platform, eCube Online, has taken our education off-site to the world. We secured global partnerships with Durham University, the Entrepreneurship Institute, Genius U, as well as being a registered Microsoft Showcase School and host of the only registered annual Microsoft Marathon in the Eastern Cape. These collaborations together with cutting edge technology facilities available at the campus, and a value system aligned with the UN’s 17 self sustainable goals, are the core strength and focus which grounds our private education institution, E-Square Education.