Microsoft Oﬃce Access is one of the most underused programmes in the MS Oﬃce suite, largely because small business owners don’t realise how beneficial this programme can be to their business. Imagine that instead of having hundreds of files and Excel spreadsheets, you can have one centralised space where you insert, store, update, track and retrieve data. You can keep track of your invoicing, suppliers and customers, all in one place. You can update and create new price, product and inventory lists, and even print reports to get a good idea of your business’s activity as a whole. Our Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist in Access 2013: Core course shows you how to use this software to make your business and administrative processes easier and more eﬃcient.
What will you learn in this Microsoft Office Specialist in Access 2013: Core course?
This course is suitable for those who want to learn about databases and how they work. You will learn about Microsoft Access’s complex inner workings:
- Create and Manage a Database
- Build Tables
- Create Queries
- Create Forms
- Create Reports
By doing this course, you will understand basic database design principles and will be able to complete tasks without assistance. You will know and be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Access 2013, and demonstrate the ability to create and maintain core Access database objects including tables, relationships, data entry forms, multi-level reports, and multi-table queries.
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee includes your Certiport exam voucher. You can locate your closest Certiport here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you'll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you'll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you've covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
- Grade 10
- Learners must be 16 years or older
- The ability to read and write in English
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Access to the internet
- Computer literate (familiar with operating a computer)
To pass this course, you must write and pass Exam 77-424: Access 2013 Core
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64 -bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
You will need to have access to the following pieces of software depending on the pathway you're following:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- The current or second most recent version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
- A PDF reader:
- PC/Mac - Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader are good examples
- iPhone - Reader or Adobe Reader
- Android - Xodo, Moon+ Reader, Adobe Reader, or Foxit
- An image viewer - most devices will come with a built-in image viewer
- Microsoft Access 2016
The programmes in this Suite are the same as Microsoft Oﬃce 2016, but they may be updated more regularly and, therefore, have some diﬀerences.
You can start studying whenever you want - there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessment. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist - Microsoft Certificate
Provided by: Microsoft
Minimum credits: N/A
Edu City Campus is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft Oﬃce certifications are sought after, trusted by employers, and validate your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are Computer-Based Assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centres. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher.
You can locate one closest to you here: http:// www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam.
Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam. Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an exam score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your Microsoft Certification.
Please contact us on email@example.com for assistance.
The modules below make up this course and will need to be completed in order for you to complete this course.
- Create and Manage a Database;
- Build Tables
- Create Queries
- Create Forms
Microsoft Office Specialist Access 2013 Proficient
In this module you will learn the core concepts of Microsoft Access 2013; you will learn to create and manage databases, build tables, create queries and forms. Also, you will have a good understanding of how to navigate in the Microsoft Office Access application and make proficient use of its tools.
Collaborations and Partnerships
Our global online learning platform, eCube Online, has taken our education off-site to the world. We secured global partnerships with Durham University, the Entrepreneurship Institute, Genius U, as well as being a registered Microsoft Showcase School and host of the only registered annual Microsoft Marathon in the Eastern Cape. These collaborations together with cutting edge technology facilities available at the campus, and a value system aligned with the UN’s 17 self sustainable goals, are the core strength and focus which grounds our private education institution, E-Square Education.