First there was the Stone Age, then the Bronze Age, and later the Industrial Age.Now, we are in the Digital Age. The Digital Agebrings opportunities never before dreamed of, but to take advantage, you must be prepared. And what is the best way to prepare for success in this digital age? The answer is IC3 Spark certification. IC3 Spark gives you a clear advantage over other, lesser- prepared individuals, and whether you are competing in the classroom or the job market, IC3 moves you ahead. You don’t have to be focusing on a career in computers to benefit from IC3. Today, virtually any career or field of study requires the use of computers. The IC3 certification can set you apart from the crowd and provide many opportunities. The IC3 Digital Literacy Certification provides students and job-seekers with the foundation of knowledge they need to succeed in environments that require the use of computers and the Internet. The IC3 Spark is an internationally recognized standard for digital literacy and reflects the most relevant skills needed in today’s academic and business environments.
What will you learn in IC3 Digital Literacy course?
- Operating system basics
- What is an OS and what does it do?
- Manage computer files and folders
- Manage computer configuration, control panel, OS drivers
- Computer hardware and concepts
- Common computer terminology
- Types of devices
- Computer usage
- Computer software and concepts
- Software usage (using the right tool for the right task)
- Common application features
- Common features and commands
- Working with multimedia files
- Word processing activities
- Organizing data
- Spreadsheet activities
- Spreadsheet layout
- Data management
- Presentation activities
- Inserting content
- Slide management
- Slide design
- Internet vs. browsers
- Digital Communication
- E-mail communication
- Real-time communication
- Digital citizenship
- Communication standards
- Legal and responsible use of computers
- Safe computing
- Secure online communication or activity
- Research fluency
- Using search engines
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee includes your Certiport exam voucher. You can locate your closest Certiport here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you'll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you'll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you've covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
You will need to have access to:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- The current or immediately previous version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
- PC/Mac - Adobe PDF Reader or Foxit Reader are good examples
- iPhone - Reader or Adobe Reader
- Android - Xodo, Moon+ Reader, Adobe Reader, or Foxit
- An image viewer most devices will come with a built-in image viewer
- Microsoft Access 2016
(The programmes in this Suite are the same as Microsoft Oﬃce 2016, but they may be updated more regularly and, therefore, have some diﬀerences.)
To pass this course, you must write and pass Exam 77-730: Microsoft Oﬃce Access 2016 Core (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-77-730.aspx).
- Grade 10
- Learners must be at least 16 years or older
- The ability to read and write English
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Access to the Internet
- Computer literate (familiar with operating a computer)
You can start studying whenever you want - there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessment. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: Microsoft Oﬃce Specialist - Microsoft Certificate
Provided by: Microsoft Minimum credits: N/A
Edu City Campus is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft Oﬃce certifications are sought after, trusted by employers, and validate your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are Computer-Based Assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centres. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher.
You can locate one closest to you here: http:// www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam.
Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam. Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an exam score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your Microsoft Certification.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Subjects are the particular fields of study that are covered in a course. The subjects below make up this course and will need to be completed in order for you to complete this course.
- Import and export information,
- Create business documents,
- Format business documents,
- Create online forms and personalised mailings,
- Customise various Word elements and manage multiple documents at once.
- Advanced features of Word 2016 for document and content management, and advanced formatting.
- Create and manage professional documents of four pages or more for a variety of specialised purposes and situations.
- Customise your Word documents in order to meet project needs and improve productivity.
Collaborations and Partnerships
Our global online learning platform, eCube Online, has taken our education off-site to the world. We secured global partnerships with Durham University, the Entrepreneurship Institute, Genius U, as well as being a registered Microsoft Showcase School and host of the only registered annual Microsoft Marathon in the Eastern Cape. These collaborations together with cutting edge technology facilities available at the campus, and a value system aligned with the UN’s 17 self sustainable goals, are the core strength and focus which grounds our private education institution, E-Square Education.